Friday, December 21, 2012

A Lasagna Mission Trip



I loaded my car with lasagnas today. My American Heritage Girls troop made 20 lasagnas the other day to bless friends and family in need. I had given a few away, but I still had many more to give.

I have felt like the man in the great banquet story from Matthew 22. He invited many to attend, but everyone was too busy. I called my church pastoral staff, and everyone seemed too busy. No takers.

So today, I’m hitting the streets. Our friends at Our Ladies Inn gladly accepted. A friend who’s mother is suffering from cancer and her apartment had caught on fire. Another friend’s father is in the hospital and may be experiencing his last days. All received with joy!

Yet, I still have lasagnas! I sat at my computer one last time. An email popped up from my sweet friends at World Pediatric Group. A boy and his father need food. And guess what his favorite food is ???? Yes, lasagna!

My daughter was in her room singing a song about how God moves …

Could’ve come like a mighty storm, With all the strength of a hurricane
You could’ve come like a forest fire, With the power of heaven in Your flame
But You came like a winter snow, Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night, To the earth below 

What does that song mean today? It means we are on a lasagna mission trip! Let the feast begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment